Hotel California es el titulo de una canción del grupo the Eagles. Lanzado como single a principios de 1977, la canción pertenece al album que lleva su mismo nombre.
La letra de la canción describe un hotel donde "you can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave" (te puedes registrar cuando lo desees, pero nunca puedes retirarte).
En principio, la canción cuenta la historia de un viajero cansado que se ve atrapado en un hotel de pesadilla al que habia arribado para descansar. Como metafora, la cancion puede ser considerada como el inicio en una adiccion a las drogas, aunque otra teoría dice que la letra es sobre un hospital mental o una prision federal.
Titulo: Hotel California
Artista: Eagles
On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair
Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air
Up ahead in the distance, I saw a shimmering light
My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim
I had to stop for the night
There she stood in the doorway;
I heard the mission bell
And I was thinking to myself,
’this could be heaven or this could be hell’
Then she lit up a candle and she showed me the way
There were voices down the corridor,
I thought I heard them say...
Welcome to the hotel california
Such a lovely place
Such a lovely face
Plenty of room at the hotel california
Any time of year, you can find it here
Her mind is tiffany-twisted, she got the mercedes bends
She got a lot of pretty, pretty boys, that she calls friends
How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat.
Some dance to remember, some dance to forget
So I called up the captain,
’please bring me my wine’
He said, ’we haven’t had that spirit here since nineteen sixty nine’
And still those voices are calling from far away,
Wake you up in the middle of the night
Just to hear them say...
Welcome to the hotel california
Such a lovely place
Such a lovely face
They livin’ it up at the hotel california
What a nice surprise, bring your alibis
Mirrors on the ceiling,
The pink champagne on ice
And she said ’we are all just prisoners here, of our own device’
And in the master’s chambers,
They gathered for the feast
The stab it with their steely knives,
But they just can’t kill the beast
Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before
’relax,’ said the night man,
We are programmed to receive.
You can checkout any time you like,
But you can never leave!











0 Se dieron cuenta del plagio:
Publicar un comentario